Monday, February 01, 2016

The Sims Freeplay ~ Boutique Hair Event Quest Walkthrough + Tips

Hello Simmers :)

As some of my readers will already know, about a year ago, I "retired" from playing The Sims Freeplay because I didn't like the LP business model. I switched to primarily playing The Sims 3, and still do. In the past few days, I've been receiving requests to do another quest guide with a glossary. So I've crawled out of retirement (even if only briefly) to write another hair guide! I hope this helps you in some way or another. :)


To be honest, I had so much schoolwork and had to attend the symphony orchestra for a project (I'm in University for Music), that I missed out on the entire event except for the final day (Around 23 hours remain!). I'm still out of the loop of things, so please excuse me if I get something wrong...


Part of this blog post is just seeing if I've got it in me to complete this event before time's up :O As a Simmer who is in love with any new hairstyles or fashions, this is a perfect reason to come back to Freeplay, at least for 23 hours >.>.



The Sims Freeplay ~ Boutique Hair Event Quest Walkthrough + Tips




These new hairstyles are fantastic! They are sassier, prettier, longer and come in more colours than the Ringlets of Fire hair! They come in unnaturals and ombres now, too ;) 

After a quick look, it seems to very well resemble the previous hair quest that I wrote a guide for: The Ringlets of Fire Hair Quest. which involves using the fashion design hobby in order to unlock hairstyles.

Review from Previous Guide:
  • To start, you must have access to the fashion design hobby.
  • To unlock a hairstyle, you must complete the entire collection of fashion design collectibles.
  • Completing the entire collection requires at least 1 Sim who has maxed out the fashion design skill.
  • You must reset the collection to get the next hairstyle - otherwise your Sims' hard earned fashions will not count towards the next.
  • The quest ends when the timer ends - it may come back in the future though!
General Tips:
  • Try to keep your Sims in a good mood (Singing salmon, if you have them, are a great asset to have)
  • Some collectibles are just tricky to get - you might just be unlucky. (For me, the Chi Chi heels on the last row was taking hours!) The best way to go about this is to just get more Sims designing.
  • You only need to max one Sim's fashion skill, so don't bother trying to train everybody. 
  • Design Fashion (10 minutes) is the best choice but a little more micro-managing may be required.
  • The more Sims working on fashion design, the better. 
  • Placing multiple design stations in a single building makes for faster designing and collecting.
  • The hairstyles are unlocked in a random order - your favourite may be the last one unlocked D:

Glossary/List of Hairstyles


1. Loose Ponytail Hairstyle:




2. Side Part Hairstyle:




3. Wavy Fringe Hairstyle:


4. Parted Fringe Hairstyle:



5. Wavy Hairstyle:



6. Loose Side Plait Hairstyle (looks like Elsa's braid):


7. Simply Straight Hairstyle:




8. Harajuku Bows Hairstyle:




9. Harajuku Pigtails Hairstyle:





So that's about it for the guide - the rest of the post will probably just be my own rambling endless opinion. If you have any comments, concerns, questions, etc, or you would like to request a guide, feel free to contact me through the sidebar or leave a comment.

***As always, iOS Simmers, if you require neighbours, I am more than happy to be your neighbour. You can add me on Game Center by my nickname: MissyMeowRawr (but beware that my town is a total mess right now!)***

Personal Opinions:


Although this was a time-limited quest which required quite a bit of effort to complete, the hairstyles were essentially free. These hairstyles are also spectacularly done with multiple natural colours and unnatural colours. Although it was frustrating, time-consuming, and required attention, it was actually obtainable. I was able to obtain all of the hairstyles without spending a single LP. In total, it took about 7 hours of checking in periodically.


My adult Sims were all given a day off of work so that they could work on fashion design. I had about 18 Sims (almost the entire adult population of the town) designing fashions because of the time constraint that I had. My "makeshift factory" from my The Ringlets of Fire post still existed and was put to use. I wasn't staring at my iPhone/iPad the entire time of the event, but rather, I set them to design for 10 minutes and checked in on them while I was doing other things.


I did have a bout of frustration with the Chi Chi heels (level 6) item which just would not show up. By the end of it, I was sick and tired of seeing the ever so common "gum boots" collectible. I found out that many people on the Freeplay Facebook page were having the same issue. Sometimes the odds were 1 in 400+ of collecting those gosh darn heels. There were instances of people who had started on the first day and hadn't received a single hairstyle throughout the whole event because of this one collectible. That was by far the hardest item to obtain, and it seemed "rigged". I find that luck is an asset in this case (but I am one of the unluckiest people I know :S)


However, no amount of rigging, LP temptation or plain bad luck can deter my determination to get what I want, which is how I managed to collect all of the hairstyles. If I can do it, anyone can ;) 


Happy Simming,

Y

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These hairstyles are also spectacularly done with multiple natural colours and unnatural colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! Jon Renau Wigs

    ReplyDelete